Monday, June 6, 2011

6 June 2011 6:25 AM

I’ve been in India now for just over 24 hours and it’s been very hard for me to believe.  The flight was bearable but very disconcerting to my sleep patterns.  My first day began at 3:30 AM and was spent eating and sleeping alternately.  Ashwat and his family are extremely hospitable and have made me feel very comfortable in their home.  For breakfast I was given dosa and tea, which were both more delicious than expected—perhaps because I didn’t know what to expect.  The cilantro that was on it was picked wild by Ashwat’s younger brother, Aravind.

Ashwat, my host, works for a software company in Bangalore.  He is very knowledgeable and in our first conversations told me much about Indian culture and history. Even with all my background and expectations, India is really more than anyone can imagine.

                                             
                                                         Revi Uncle (Ashwat's Dad)                            
                                           I would give him back massages in exchange
                                                             for Telugu lessons.
         
                                              
                                                    Dakshayini Auntie (Ashwat's Mom)
                                                                My mom in India

                                                
                                                                           Ajitashri


                                             
                                                                 Aravind (Ashwat's Brother)
                                                                         Studying for finals

No comments:

Post a Comment